Seeking Assistance for Joshua Naicker – Hope for Joshua
“We come to you today seeking assistance for our warrior. From the beginning of this year we have been so preoccupied with all Joshua’s medical needs and treatment that we have not had a chance to arrange fund raisers beside the Barnyard event that took place in Feb.
We are now hanging on a thread in providing for his medical needs and come to you asking for your help. It is not an easy to ask for help but we will do everything in our power to provide for Joshua and know that we cannot do this on our own. Please remember that we do have a registered non-profit account which all funds go in to.
Currently we are paying for a few medications which are not covered by medical aid as they are not considered chronic.
We thank God that at least from last month medical aid started covering his anti-epilepsy medication, which was a huge help as they are really expensive as well. With all Joshua’s needs, our medical savings on our medical aid plan has been depleted a long time ago and non-chronic medication has to be paid by us: Pegicol, Nexiam, Avamys, Reuterina Drops, Vitamin D, Vitamin B, Pediasure and Paediatric Eye Patches on a monthly basis. Collectively this comes to a huge amount. We also have a few Dr’s appointments for second opinions – all these second opinions are not covered.
Due to having so many various conditions, the information and advice we get is sometimes contradicting and we have to see more than one doctor before we can make a decision that we are happy and comfortable with.
- We see an orthopaedic surgeon, Orthotist, dental surgeon, neurologist, neurosurgeon, ENT and Pediatrician.
- We need to have a repeat EEG and MRI soon – there are almost always a co-payment involved.
- We would love to start him on hydrotherapy, he loved it as a baby but due to financial strains we could no longer afford it. He still loves the water and we know it would help him tremendously.
- In 3 months we will be looking at starting him on hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
Shoo, writing all this down seems so overwhelming. Explains why we feel so stressed recently but we have faith that all his needs will be met.
Any help with below would be appreciated:
- Dischem or Clicks vouchers
- Help with fundraisers as we have nothing planned going forward
- Any donation – any amount is welcome and it helps tremendously
Please continue to support Joshua’s page as we can reach many more potential donors if we keep sharing. God bless you all. ”
– via Hope for Joshua – 30 May 2019
Arms of Mercy Fundraising for Joshua Naicker
The Hope for Joshua Bracelets cost R30 each; consisting of teal and silver wooden beads – with a cancer-hope ribbon, little dove or faith charm. To place an order, contact the agent in your area or shop online. Alternatively, please consider a donation. Any and all donations welcome.