The Kidney Cancer Awareness Bracelet consists of coral wooden beads with crystal, silver and diamante fillers and a Diamanté Cross charm.
National Kidney Awareness week is celebrated from 7-11 September 2020.
The kidneys are the two bean-shaped organs, each about the size of a fist. They lie in your lower abdomen on each side of your spine. Their main function is to clean blood, to remove waste products and to make urine.
Possible early signs and symptoms of kidney cancer include:
- Blood in the urine (hematuria)
- Low back pain on one side (not caused by injury)
- A mass (lump) on the side or lower back
- Fatigue (tiredness)
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss not caused by dieting
- Fever that is not caused by an infection and that doesn’t go away
- Anemia (low red blood cell counts)
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.